Thursday, May 15, 2008

What do you Remember??

Maggie at the Guild is running this Journaling Challenge and it just made me crack up, and also made me realize just how old I am...so her challenge was to blog or journal something that you Remember...Well, with the price of gas, I have to go with that one...
I can remember going to the gas station with my Daddy and it costing 29 cents a gallon, and my Daddy thinking, that it was just soooo expensive, he would rant and rave over the fact that he had to pay 29 cents a gallon. Well, then I can remember about the time that I started to drive gas was just raising in price...it was 39 cents a gallon and then all the sudden it was ... oh my ... 59 cents a gallon. Well on a teenager, babysitting don't have a real job wages...that was just like oh my how will I get to the mall or my friends house, I don't have enough gas and no money to buy any...bummer, guess I have to walk :( . So now I reflect back on this and say, gosh I want 59 cent gasoline, cause it is costing me $100.00 to fill my truck up at $3.89 a gallon...yep, that was then in the 1970's and this is now in 2008. Oh to be young again!!!

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Remember when $5 worth of gas would last you more than just down to the corner and back? LOL - those were the days!

Amy Eileen said...

Adding you to my blog roll! :)


This is so funny! People will ALWAYS complain about the price of gas no matter how cheap or expensive it is. lol Its just the way it is.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I remember when it was 24 cents gallon... ugh.... Now in San Diego, the cheapest (IMEAN CHEAPEST) gas we found yesterday was %4.39 a gallon!!!!

Love your new blog header, too!

The Gray Family said...

Great journaling! I started driving in the 90's and gas was like 89 cents a gallon!