Thursday, January 8, 2009

Flood 1-7-2007

Well, I did get a pic taken before midnight for my 7th PAD, and I have my pic taken for the 8th also, however, I was unable to upload them and I have to leave for work here pretty quickly.  The reason that I didn’t get them uploaded is because we were Evacuated from our Apt last night due to flooding.  The Puyallup River which is about a mile from us crested over the levies and they were afraid that the levies were gonna break and if that happen they estimated that Fife, (where I live and work) would be under 8 ft of water.  I got the call at work that they were evacuating residences, and I couldn’t get ahold of Marc, so I told my boss that I needed to go home to secure our apt.  Well, by the time we had everything unplugged and packed up to go, fire trucks were coming through the apt complexes saying to evacuate.  So, I called work and told them I wasn’t coming back, (basically I couldn’t get back, as roads were in huge traffic jams and roads were closed.  The apt complex just over the fence from us was already flooded to floor boards of vehicles.  We took both our vehicles and headed for higher ground and a nice warm motel room, where we proceeded to order Chinese Take out and a few wine coolers…yep roughing it!!!  So while I had our puters I just never got around to getting them uploaded and I am giving me that!!!  I will update tomorrow with the 7th, 8th and 9th’s PAD then.  and yes the 7th and 8th will be some pics that hopefully came out ok, it was pretty dark out, of the flood!!! 

1 comment:

Beth said...

Well the wine and chinese food sounds great but I'm just glad you are ok!